Martial Arts School Owners:
Are You the Right Person for This Job?
One thing I know about professional martial arts instructors is that we tend to be control freaks.
We love how we can control our classes by micro-managing students down to the position of their pinky finger, depth of breathing, and what they focus on mentally.
As we wrap up 2021, now is a great time to turn that focus inward to answer a simple question, knowing what you know now…are you the right person for this job?
You might be thinking, “What job?”
Let’s touch on this now and then I’ll go deep next Tuesday in a webinar at 2pm EST.
This starts with, “How are you preparing to make the next year more profitable and satisfying than 2021?”
Here are some questions to stimulate your thinking on that and get a preview of what I will drill down on during the webinar.
- What is going to be different next year?
- What does your organizational chart look like?
- How much of what needs to be done do you do?
- How much of that do you enjoy doing?
- How much of that are you any good at doing?
- Are you spending hours a week creating green belt level results when you really need a black belt in that area?
- Are you going to continue to teach the same curriculum without any improvements?
Rather than me trying to sell you on what the best answers are to these questions, let me assure you that there are no “best answers” to these questions.
Everyone is different and some business strategies may align with your personality more than others.
Mind you, this is not about feelings. Bills don’t care about your feelings.
However, once you know your natural tendencies, it’s easier to formulate a plan that matches your personal motivations and preferences.
On Tuesday, I’ll help you with that process.